Sunday, September 4, 2011

Berry Roundup



With the summer months slowly winding down, I thought it would be the perfect time for a berry roundup and a celebration of the best that summer has to offer. These recipes are my favourite berry-filled treats are are the sweet dishes I find myself missing in the colder months. I do always have some good frozen raspberries or strawberries in the freezer but there's something about knowing you can go get perfectly plump berries from the market to transform into something special. If you were to open my fridge today, you would find baskets of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches and lemons. The vivid colours always make me want to whip up something fresh, crisp and tasty.

For my all-time favourite berry recipes, from left to right:
Raspberry Semifreddo
Berry Crumble
Red Berry and Basil Granita
Strawberry Tarts
Strawberry Barley Scones with Maple Cream
Pear and Buckwheat Pancakes with Raspberries

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...that jar of raspberries....leeft me drooling!

Nina said...

Wow...all great stuff in one place:)

Simones Kitchen said...

I just want to try out each and every one of those recipes. Looks amazing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin