Monday, May 4, 2009

Zucchini Bread


There's just something special about zucchini bread isn't there? It's savory but also sweet, and pretty hard to beat when it's just out of the oven. This recipe was given to me by one of my editors, and her recipe surely didn't disappoint! It's really easy to make and you'll have deliciously moist bread to snack on all week.

My weekend was filled with food adventures. From fried calamari at the farmer's market, to outdoor grilled pizza and olive oil vanilla cupcakes.. ending with zucchini bread. What more can one ask for?

Zucchini Bread
(for 2 small loafs of bread)

1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of canola oil
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups of grated zucchini
3 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350F.

In big mixing bowl, add the sugars, oil, eggs, vanilla and zucchini. Mix. Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated.

Grease two small loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Leave to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes, and serve. Enjoy!

20 comments:

Noodlegirl said...

oh I would love to have a piece right now lol!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I think your pictures make zucchini bread special.

anna said...

Zucchini bread is awesome! I can't wait for my parents to be pushing zucchini and everything else from their garden on me.

ZOMT said...

Oh yum! Another zucchini recipe for me to try :)

Elyse said...

You're so right: there is something so special about zucchini bread. I love it, and I haven't made it in way too long. I'm going to admit to you that I like zucchini bread with a smear of cream cheese frosting...I know, I know...wayyy too indulgent :)

Ian said...

mmm looks so delicious. The photo is great, I love the dof

Ian said...

Whoops, forgot to paste the link to the Montreal photo and video show.

http://www.salondclic.com/pages/anglais/presentation_ang.html

MaryBeth said...

Looks wonderful, I love a good zucchini bread recipe. Have you ever tried adding choc chips to it? That is what I do and it just takes it to a whole new level of good!

Sneh said...

Beautiful Bread! I am always fascinated by the flecks of green :-) Those olive oil and vanilla cupcakes you mention sound so intriguing {hint hint} :-)

Lisa said...

Not only does this recipe for zucchini bread sound delicious, but your amazing photography takes it to a whole new level! Beautiful!! I would love a slice (or the whole thing for that matter) right now!!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Elyse: I think I can relate!

lisa (dandysugar) said...

This looks delicious, I love zucchini bread. Great recipe.

stephchows said...

Zucchini bread is one of those things I never thought I'd like... and I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite bread of all time!!!

Laura said...

My grandmother always made the best zucchini muffins...you've just reminded me to bug her for the recipe!

Deborah said...

Oooh, I froze a bunch of zucchini from the garden last fall - I should get some of it out and make this!

Y said...

Indeed! I would certainly ask for nothing else, except more zucchini bread! :D

unconfidential cook said...

This would be the perfect vehicle for getting some zucchini into my family....Also, love the yogurt chicken with cilantro and lime. Thanks.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Ive been looking for a good zucchini bread recipe - this one looks like a winner! Yum!

Irene said...

Wow, these photos are gorgeous! I've always wanted to make zucchini bread (but my zucchini never make it that far, alas!).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin