Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Persimmon Chocolate Tarts

Do you remember the chocolate tarts I blogged about a few days ago? These are an easy variation to make homemade tarts that much more of a treat. Every time I see bright orange, plump persimmons at the market, I can't help adding a few to my basket. They are usually only available a couple months a year (on this side of the world anyway!) and are one of my favourite fruit. Slicing a perfectly ripe persimmon makes a quick light dessert, but why not add them to top a chocolate tart?

In the summertime, I would top these with berries, but at this time of year, persimmons are a heavenly switch-up. Just make sure to add the fruit right before serving so it's as fresh as can be. Visit my chocolate tart post for the recipe.



9 comments:

Crazy Style Love said...

Funny, I've never tried a persimmon! I definitely need to try one. These chocolate tarts look delicious. I have to bring a dessert for a work potluck but I can't bake at all. I think I'm going to attempt these yummy looking tarts!

xo Jenny

Unknown said...

beautiful colors in your tart, just dreamy;-)
I enjoyed checking out your blog.

Anonymous said...

I've actually never tried persimmons, so I'd be curious to test out this sweet variation!

Suzanne Perazzini said...

I am not a fan of persimmons but the tarts sure look pretty with a slice on top. Great idea.

Chocolate Shavings said...

Suzanne Perazzini: You should try them wit the chocolate tarts - the combination really is heavenly!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Patty: Thank you!

Erin | Well Plated said...

Beautiful! I'm going to keep an eye out for persimmons for certain. What a special treat.

Jennifer Kendall said...

i've just recently become obsessed with persimmons :) this sounds sooo delicious, and i definitely need to try before the persimmons are no longer around!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Jenn Kendall: Let me know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin