Friday, December 21, 2012

DIY Gift Wrapping

There's something about doing things at the last-minute isn't there? It kind of gets your adrenaline going and forever reminds me of my years writing Political Science essays during college - I've never written so many 15 page papers overnight! And the less time I have, the more incredibly efficient I become -  does this ring a bell for anyone? I also spent last weekend in New York (my long lost love!) which threw me off my schedule in the most wonderful of ways. Here is one of my favourite photos from the trip - a whimsical moment I happened to come across.


My family flies in from Paris today to celebrate the holiday season and I'm knee deep in last-minute holiday shopping. The wrapping supplies, however, I have covered! I thought I would share an easy DIY wrapping idea - which involves washi tape and a simple candy cane.


And here's a little glimpse of my tree this year - happy holidays!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the dog! Perfect. The holiday rush is always exciting. As easy as it is to complain about all the fast-paced traveling and squeezing in visits to friends and family, it can be so much fun!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Sweet roaf: i agree ! As long as you make the time to remember what's important it always seems to work out -and good food never hurts!

Beth said...

I love your photo from New York! It's a great city, isn't it?
Good luck with your last-minute shopping.

Chocolate Shavings said...

Beth: Thank you!

Jan @ Family Bites said...

I'm not sure what I love more: that picture of the dog in NYC or the pretty packaging...both are perfect! Happy holidays to you and your family, and I look forward to connecting with you in person early in the new year. xo

Jennifer Kendall said...

gorgeous photos! hope you have a great holiday season!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Jenn Kendall: Thank you -- you too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin