Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rosemary, Walnut and Fleur de Sel Bread Rolls


Receiving my KitchenAid stand mixer in the mail was the closest thing to Christmas in the middle of the summer. I opened the package like an excited child and gazed at its beautiful light pink tint — it was just perfect.

I was looking forward to using the stand mixer for bread because one of the three attachments that comes standard with the mixer is a dough hook. The dough hook attachment is amazing for kneading dough, a part of bread-making that has traditionally been a point of frustration for home bakers.

This bread recipe was a little time-consuming, but the spectacular results made it well worthwhile. Because it is a basic recipe, it can be used in a myriad of ways. Try adding some cooked diced pancetta, some coarsely chopped olives, sundried tomatoes or some grated parmesan — the possibilities really are endless.

I flavored these rolls with generous amounts of chopped walnuts and fresh rosemary, then lightly brushed the rolls with olive oil right before baking them. The finishing touch was sprinkling them with a little fleur de sel.

Rosemary, Walnut and Fleur de Sel Bread Rolls

Click here for this recipe as well as other delicious Kitchen Aid sponsored treats!

16 comments:

Sara said...

These sound so yummy! I love different options for savory rolls, and these ones sound so tasty. Yum!

Evan @swEEts said...

I've had my stand mixer for about a year now (it's also my favorite thing in the whole wide world) and I have yet to use my dough hook! ha I need to get on that because these rolls look fab.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely pictures these look yummy

The Church Cook said...

Lovely rolls! Your pink mixer is beautiful! I love mine!

Nina Timm said...

A Kitchenaid in the post......you bet it was like Christmas.....wow. Good "maiden voyage recipe!"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rolls! And so easy to make with the dough hook :)

Louise said...

These sound delicious - I love bread with rosemary flavours! I am imagining sprinkling these with some coarse sea salt and eating them warm with butter... thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

And she is pink! Great color.

Chele said...

Great presentation for the bread rolls - they look wonderful.

CookiePie said...

They look beautiful, and I love the flavors in there!

CC11 said...

What a cool flavour combo! Enjoy your new kitchen-baby :)

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Congrats on your mixer! They are the best and just keep going and going and looking pretty while doing it. What a lovely recipe to debut with it too. Thanks for sharing!

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

Congrats on breaking open your new mixer. This bread looks wonderful..love the addition of walnuts & rosemary.

Eliana said...

These look incredible. I would seriously kill someone over my KA. I can't live without it.

Jamie said...

Lucky you for getting a KitchenAid! Yay! And these rolls are stunning! They sound delicious and look perfect!

The Scootabaker said...

definitely happy to find new recipes that include matcha!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin